Installing from NEC 4x4 changer

Post by Aaron Brailsfor » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have any advice on how to install Slackware (3.0) linux from a
Nec 4x4 changer? I have done it from a Mitsumi and standard ATAPI CD drive,
but I can't seem to get this one to work..

Its slaved off the primary IDE controller in case that's any help..

Thanks,
Aaron

Installing from NEC 4x4 changer

Post by Aaron Brailsfor » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone have any advice on how to install Slackware (3.0) linux from a
Nec 4x4 changer? I have done it from a Mitsumi and standard ATAPI CD drive,
but I can't seem to get this one to work..

Its slaved off the primary IDE controller in case that's any help..

Thanks,
Aaron

1. CD-changers with Linux: Nec 4x4?

How is support for cd-changers under Linux? It would be nice to have one,
as I've seen them for sale for about $70. As only one CD can be used at a
time, there must be a utility to change the disk? (They can't be mapped
into different devices or something.) Are there standardized utilities for
doing this? I believe this Nec-drive is IDE, I'm not 100% certain, though
- but SCSI-utilities won't do?

By the way - in case you happen to own such a beast - does the drive (or
other cheap 4-cd-changer) support cd-da?

 ,,   ,,  ,, ,,  ,,,  |  --> http://www.sci.fi/~tes/flux/ | \\  `  Sigma  |
 ''   ''  '' ''   ''  |                                   |  \>           |
 ,,,, ,,  ,, ,,  ,,   | flux/Inside Informatics ry        | _/__, project |
 '''' ''  '' ''  '''  |  --> http://inside.edu.lahti.fi/  | ~~~~          |
 ,,   ,,,  ,,,  ,, ,, |___________________________________|_______________|

2. Mail list for ports

3. nec 4x4 ide/atapi cdrom changer

4. exabyte 8500 tape drives on decstation

5. Nec 4x4 cd changer

6. Yggdrasil & fvwm under X

7. NEC 4x4 Changer question

8. Diamond (s868 sdac) problem..