X11 320x200?????? [help!]

Post by Sean Patrick Brenn » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello, linux gurus!
        I'm setting up linux on my home pc, and everything is going well,
until I test the X server and I get a 320x200 pixel screen!  Why?  Well,
neither my Trident 9440 nor my Mag 17DF are supported.  Using generic
settings still gives me an EGA resolution.   Does anybody have a Trident
video card (1mb) or a mag17df monitor?  I looked at the docs for the monitor
and the vid card, entered the maximum frequencies of the monitor, saw a
frequency table for the card, etc.   I did the setup/probe thing for the
X installation/setup, and my monitor clicked a few times and made strange
buzzing noises, but still, no valid clock or some such.
        Any, any help appreciated!
Sean