Jaton VIDEO-740AGP-3D video card

Post by Homero Nobo » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to install red hat Linux but it cannot recognize my Jaton
i740AGP-3D video card. Does anybody knows which settings should I use?

Thanks in advance.

Homero

Post by Dan Stephenso » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I'm trying to install red hat Linux but it cannot recognize my Jaton
>i740AGP-3D video card. Does anybody knows which settings should I use?

>Thanks in advance.

>Homero

Go to www.real3d.com.  Go to Starfighter AGP drives.  See the Linux link to I
think ftp.redhat.com/XBF.  Get the rpm file for the drives, and get the tgz
file for an installer program.  Follow the steps, and it ought to works mostly
well.

It did for me, though heck if I can get better colors or resolution than
1280x1024x8bit color!

BTW, you'll need your monitor's manual.

DAn

Jaton VIDEO-740AGP-3D video card

Post by XsAndO » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have the same chipset. You'll find the current driver at RedHat or at
Precision Insight. If you follow this link you'll fiond the info you need.

Good Luck

http://www.redhat.com/corp/press/current_driver.html

t>...