make config error

Post by Charlie Ogles » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Got Red Hat Linux 5.0 running yesterday.  Attempting to compile kernel
(2.0.31)  for soundblaster 16 support.  make config command issued
when logged in as root in /usr/src directory returns error:
no rule to make target 'config'. stop.
Tried it in bash and csh just to try something. Any help would be
appreciated.

TIA
Charlie Oglesby

make config error

Post by Allen Won » Mon, 05 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Charlie,

    I'm inclined to think that you didn't install the kernal source code
when you installed Red Hat Linux.  No problem, just use rpm.

>Got Red Hat Linux 5.0 running yesterday.  Attempting to compile kernel
>(2.0.31)  for soundblaster 16 support.  make config command issued
>when logged in as root in /usr/src directory returns error:
>no rule to make target 'config'. stop.
>Tried it in bash and csh just to try something. Any help would be
>appreciated.

>TIA
>Charlie Oglesby

make config error

Post by Clif » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Charlie,

>     I'm inclined to think that you didn't install the kernal source code
> when you installed Red Hat Linux.  No problem, just use rpm.

> >Got Red Hat Linux 5.0 running yesterday.  Attempting to compile kernel
> >(2.0.31)  for soundblaster 16 support.  make config command issued
> >when logged in as root in /usr/src directory returns error:
> >no rule to make target 'config'. stop.
> >Tried it in bash and csh just to try something. Any help would be
> >appreciated.

> >TIA
> >Charlie Oglesby

I personally am inclined to think that you are positioned in the wrong
directory. Don't feel bad, I do it all the time.

Instead of being in: /usr/src

You want to be in:   /usr/src/linux  (this is actually a link to the
directory `linux-2.0.3x')

try that and let us know how it works out for you.

1. Making KShell return code error from SQLPLUS error

I am trying to make it so that if I get an ORA error or actually, any
type of error, that my exit code (return code) is anything but 0, but
for some reason, my exit code keeps showing up as 0.  Help!  I've
perused newsgroups but what I've tried isn't helping.

#!/bin/ksh
echo "
$login
SET pagesize 0
SET heading off
spool $1
$2
spool off
whenever sqlerror exit n
"|sqlplus -s

2. Kernel release management

3. ANNOUNCE: diald-config-1.2.1 -- demand dialing made easy

4. apache virtualhosting..

5. Making a change to syslog config.--Please help

6. XBOX LOSSES NEARLY DOUBLED AT MICROSOFT

7. fwlogwatch-0.1.2 config file and making the best use of fwlogwatch

8. login(1) security hole?!

9. make config makes too large ...

10. ANNOUNCE: diald-config-1.0 -- demand dialing made easy

11. FS: Instructional, CONFIG CISCO ROUTERS MADE PRACTICAL

12. Making kernel config smarter

13. Netsite config: making home page a CGI