Fundamental Linux Install/Troubleshooting Training

Fundamental Linux Install/Troubleshooting Training

Post by Gregor Strassburge » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Greetings!

As Linux knowledge is getting increasingly important...

I'm wondering whether there is some lecture/lab, instructor based
training course available for fundamental Linux knowledge like
installation, basic configuration, troubleshooting, e.t.c. If not this
media, maybe some CBT or other selfpaced - except the books that are
available in masses...?

Any input highly appreciated!

Gregor

Post by Mark Metso » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> As Linux knowledge is getting increasingly important...

> I'm wondering whether there is some lecture/lab, instructor based
> training course available for fundamental Linux knowledge like
> installation, basic configuration, troubleshooting, e.t.c. If not this
> media, maybe some CBT or other selfpaced - except the books that are
> available in masses...?

Well actually, Linux seems intended to be more of
a what-you-just-said-in-a-box that assumes the
existence of an inbuilt teacher known as "curiosity"
and "self-motivated" and "self-starter" and the like.

That being said, having someone who has already
gone the course encouraging you along can go a long
way to make the whole thing have more warm fuzzies.

The Linux Documentation Project appears to aim at
providing a timebound teacher who allows the course
to be as self-directed as possible on the part of
the student, and the equipment can usually be
relied upon to bring to the students attention any
areas in need of further study.

;-)

If there is a market for those who have stayed the
course, which is what your inquiry would seem to
indicate, then as there are known to be many who
HAVE stayed the course the only remaining detail
is how would you motivate such a person?

Fundamental Linux Install/Troubleshooting Training

Post by Randall E. Williamso » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I haven't tried it myself, but ZDNet's University (www.zdu.com) has an
online course called "Intro to Unix" that is based on RedHat 5.2.  They
charge a small fee per month for access to as many courses as you want.

> > As Linux knowledge is getting increasingly important...

> > I'm wondering whether there is some lecture/lab, instructor based
> > training course available for fundamental Linux knowledge like
> > installation, basic configuration, troubleshooting, e.t.c. If not this
> > media, maybe some CBT or other selfpaced - except the books that are
> > available in masses...?

1. (Price Reduction) Real-Time Fundamentals web-based training course

PRICE REDUCTION

Greetings,

Just a quick note to let you know that the 4-day instructor-led course
of Real-Time Fundamentals is now available in a web-based training (WBT)
version. The price has been recently reduced. A free trial version is
available for viewing prior to purchasing.

The course teaches the basics of real-time design and is independent of
operating system, processor or development language and methodology.

This course is targeted at software and hardware developers and embedded
systems engineers who are just getting started in the area of real-time
systems and don't want to take six months to get up to speed. It is also
useful for more experienced programmers who are undergoing a career
change and asked to do real-time design for the first time.

Many of the 330+ classroom slides use extensive graphical layering (845
layers) to illustrate concepts. In turn, the WBT version expands this to
2100 images with each bullet point and graphical layer carefully
explained. Numerous real life "gotchas" are illustrated.

Read what the students have to say about the course at:
http://www.Surreal-Time.com/Fundamentals/Feedback.html

For further information, please drop by:
http://www.Surreal-Time.com/

--
Remove "SpamMeNot-" from address if responding via email.

Tom Sheppard
Real-Time Fundamentals instructor-led and web-based training courses
http://www.Surreal-Time.com/

--
Remove "SpamMeNot-" from address if responding via email.

Tom Sheppard
Real-Time Fundamentals instructor-led and web-based training courses
http://www.Surreal-Time.com/

2. Problem with Verizon Broadband wireless PPP connection

3. Real-Time Fundamentals Web-Based Training Course

4. Dynamic DHCP server & several BOOTP clients interactions on the same LAN

5. Real-Time Fundamentals web-based training course

6. What's the linux equivalent of the StartUp folder?

7. questions

8. fundamental question on installing wu-ftpd

9. Installing Linux on the Train

10. mgetty .. modem trains and trains ..

11. AD: /training/etc/ Training Courses FYI

12. Getting off the STABLE train to catch the 4.5-RELENG train, how?