Help with taper and floppy tape drive

Post by A. Kh » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a dual boot (Mandrake 6.0 and NT4.0 WS) system.  It has an Iomega
floppy tape drive which is recognized by NT4.0WS but I am not having
much success with it on the Linux front.

Kernel 2.2.10 with floppy drive built in kernel and ftape built as
module.

In /etc/conf.modules entered the following line
options ftape ft_fdc_irq=6 ft_fdc_dma=2 ft_fdc_base=0x3f0

# modprobe ftape            successfully loads the module
# taper -T f                is not able to detect the tape drive

Also /proc/ftape does not list the Floppy Disk Controller (see /proc/ftape
file below) but I can use the mtools/mount to for the floppy drive!!

If you have successfully used taper with a floppy tape drive please let
me know what am I missing?

TIA
-- Arun Khan
email is arunkhan at xnet dot com