Help: Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 config

Post by greenpeace » Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have problem of setting up with Slackware (ver2.3 dated). It cannot
detect my video card in the graphics device section.

If anyone have encounter the problem and fixed it, would you
please give me some advices and preferably a script of the
XF86Config file in the graphics section and I really appreciate.

here is my hardware info for V/C and monitor

V/C:    Diamond Stealth 3D 2000
Monitor: TEK (AcerView compatible)
        Max Resolution : 1280x1024
        Horz Sync: 30-69Khz
        Vert Sync: 50-120hz
        Bandwidth: 100Mhz

thanks...

DNA

1. Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86

If your having problems with the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 Pro, and the
Diamond Stealth 3d 3000, in Xfree86, please read.

It's the "pro" part of you Stealth 3d 2000 that is giving you the
problem. It's designed for video in addition to regular display. This is
also a problem with many of the Stealth 3d 3000 cards(but not all). The
fix is to cut it back to 16bpp. You see, at 24bpp and 32bpp, the Stealth
3000 needs a special driver that handles the mpeg/avi video acceleration
features of these cards. But not at 16bpp.

Sometimes you can get away with running the Diamond Stealth 3d 2000 pro,
and the Diamond Stealth 3d 3000 at 24bpp and 32bpp. But chances are
you'll get the following problems:

XF_s3V server: lockups when user exits window manager, screen turns neon
lime green or red(other colors also reported, but these two are the most
common). However, this server works fine at 16bpp.

XF_SVGA server: works great, but acceleration at 24bpp or 32 bpp is not
complete!!!!! Boot up Netscape and you will see what I mean. The buttons
on Navigator will be in black&white.

These problems do not effect the Stealth 3d 2000 "classic", just the
Stealth 3d 2000 Pro and the Stealth 3d 3000 series cards.

Carter

2. Howto read digital audio tapes?

3. Help config Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 Pro

4. Xaw3d and Shared libraries

5. config file for Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 with 2mb edo

6. KXP-P5400 printer and Linux?

7. Diamond stealth 3D 2000 X config

8. rc.inet1 in RH5.1

9. Need Config for Diamond Stealth 3D 2000

10. Help: Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 setup

11. Help w/ Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 and X

12. DIAMOND STEALTH 3D 2000 AND REDHAT.. HELP!!!

13. Help:Diamond Stealth 3D 2000