NTeX installation from Slackware

Post by Soeren Pe » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to install NTeX from Slackware 96 (3.1)
I used setup to install the defaults.

All tex programs as initex, tex, virtex and so cause a
segmentation fault and core dump.
I cannot find any information about the installation accept
the install NTeX manuals. They tell you to use InstallNtex . I copied the
program from the distribution CD. Starting the program,
doesn't do anything, however.

I managed to install and create the fonts. and xdvi works fine too.

What do I wrong? Had anybody else this problem?

Soeren

Electrical & Computer Eng.      Phone : x3169 , (519) 886-0959
University of Waterloo, Ont     http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~sfpeik/

1. NTeX for Slackware 3.0 gives segmentation faults

I have installed the NTeX packet of the Slackware 3.0 distribution on
my 486 PC. Now I've got the problem that I get a segmentation fault
when I try to run `tex' or `latex' on a source file. Is there anyone
who knows about this problem? Is there anyone who has installed the
NTeX package without difficulties?

2. How can I do this?

3. NTeX 1.2.1 in Slackware 2.1

4. NFS between solaris and linux

5. dvips/nTeX/Slackware help!

6. rquotad/rpc/udp server failing

7. Slackware replaces NTeX with teTeX !

8. ChangeLog suggestion

9. NTeX in Slackware 2.1

10. NTeX and dvips (Slackware 3.1)

11. Font location problems in Slackware NTeX

12. NTeX, installation seems complicated. Why?

13. Problem with Slackware 2.1.0 installation (v/s Slackware 2.0)