can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

Post by David J. Blacksto » Sun, 24 Mar 1996 04:00:00

After installing Linux(slackware), I am getting a scrolling message
of ls:can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so' when I try to create
a LILO boot disk.  At the boot prompt I am entering mount root=/dev/fd0
because any other entry including <enter> gives a kernel panic.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
--
David J. Blackstone
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA

Post by h. hassou » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> After installing Linux(slackware), I am getting a scrolling message
> of ls:can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so' when I try to create
> a LILO boot disk.  At the boot prompt I am entering mount root=/dev/fd0
> because any other entry including <enter> gives a kernel panic.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this problem?
> --
> David J. Blackstone
> Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA

I have the same problem. I have no answer, but I do know
that while taring the disk sets to my hard disk I get a
CRC checksum error and skipping files messages. I tried
2 different CDROM installation, and FTPed versions with
no luck.
I would appreciate your help.

1. Can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

I am using the Slackware 2.0.0 to install Linux 1.1.18.  This is being done on
a 486 with 8meg, and on a system that has OS/2 and MSDOS currently installed.

I made a primary partition for Linux (100meg) and a 5meg swapfile on a logical
partition (yes, it's small---too small?).  This I did with OS/2's fdisk.

I then went through the installation process with the Slackware boot and
install disks.  I tagged the partitions as 82 & 83, and formatted them within
the installation process.

When I boot up, I get to OS/2 boot manager, where I select the Linux option.
Lilo starts up, but gets hung on loading the dynamic linker:

    init: can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

I did place LILO in the superblock during setup, and chose for it to load
directly.

Is this linker missing from that distribution?  If so, how would I properly
uncompress it.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated

Thank you.

                            Krilov

2. zombie process?

3. can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

4. here document in a shell script

5. DIP:can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

6. uucp, pbmplus and rc corrupt ?

7. Can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so' message

8. Logictech ScanMan 16m color

9. Netscape 2.0 error: 'Can't load /lib/ld.so'

10. error: phigsmon: can't load linker /lib/ld.so ??

11. help:kernel panic on boot, 'can't load dynamic linker '

12. Problem w/ Slack2.3 setup - can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so nor /usr/i486-linux/ld.so'

13. /lib/ld.so: cache '/etc/ld.so.cache' has wrong version ?