how to create a bootable CD

Post by Andreas Blan » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi!

Use Adaptec Easy CD Creator to make a bootable CD-ROM. But I think
Easy CD Creator is only for Windows 95/98/NT released. I hope I can help
you.

how to create a bootable CD

Post by Arma » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi

For a floppy it is done by just copying the kernel image track-by-track, so I
would be curious to know what is the difference for a CD.
(for the practical how-to there will be a HOW-TO I suppose)

Armand

Quote:> I really want to make this CD bootable ! Does any body know how ?

1. CD-R devices and creating bootable cds

    I have a Philips CDD 2600 connected to a Solaris 2.5.1 box, and I
    have a need to construct a bootable Unix CD with several partitions
    on it.

    I've created CDs using the free utilities "cdrecord" and "mkisofs"
    before, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do what I
    want with these tools in this case.

    So, I guess these are my questions:

        1. Can I make a bootable CD with cdrecord?  Can I make a CD that
           solaris will see as having several partitions with cdrecord?

        2. If not, are there other free utilities out there that will do
           what I want?

        3. If not, is there something commercial that will get the job
           done?

    Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed on this subject.

--

bose corporation          ph: (508) 776-4221
engineering systems       systems administrator

2. Best video card for Linux

3. creating a bootable redhat install CD

4. eexpress on linux.1.0.9

5. How do I create a bootable CD-R for Sun,Ultra-4 ?

6. IP router handling ISDN

7. How to create a bootable CD with the install floopy disk image(s)?

8. SLIP: what do I need?

9. Create Bootable RH 5.2 CD?

10. Trouble creating bootable CD from YDL's iso image

11. Create bootable Linux CD

12. How to create a bootable CD?

13. FAQ: Creating sparc bootable CD. [OpenBSD31]