Netcfg activate problem

Post by Paul Groenewe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I recently configured a internet connection. This works all fine with
kppp, but when I want to connect through netcfg itself...it fails and
the terminal screen shows this error message:

/etc/sysconfig/netqork-scripts/ifup: FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1: command not
found

FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1 is part of my initstring (AT&FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1)

I tried to look in the specified DIR and thought it might be the
chat-ppp script, but I don't know what to change!!!!

What am I supposed to do so netcfg can dial up???
I desperately need it, cause I am setting up Masqdialer.
Can anyone please help me

Paul

Netcfg activate problem

Post by Paul Groenewe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi everybody...I found out the problem...somehow Linux put too many
quotes around the initstring...dumb....but for now I got an other
problem.....
when I look with tail at my messages, the dialup connection stops at
the line where it shows the connection speed...at that time I am not
already connected to the internet and have not seen my login or password
seen in the message file(or something comparable).

Does any of you have an idea what the problem is?
Help is appreciated.

Paul

> Hello,

> I recently configured a internet connection. This works all fine with
> kppp, but when I want to connect through netcfg itself...it fails and
> the terminal screen shows this error message:

> /etc/sysconfig/netqork-scripts/ifup: FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1: command not
> found

> FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1 is part of my initstring (AT&FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1)

> I tried to look in the specified DIR and thought it might be the
> chat-ppp script, but I don't know what to change!!!!

> What am I supposed to do so netcfg can dial up???
> I desperately need it, cause I am setting up Masqdialer.
> Can anyone please help me

> Paul

Netcfg activate problem

Post by Ripp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

pppd that comes with RH6.1 is as buggy as a bag of spiders:

(see
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/gotchas/6.1/gotchas-6.1.html )

download a new one from updates.redhat.com (only about 300k)

and rpm -Uvh it.

Worked for me.
Rippy

> Hi everybody...I found out the problem...somehow Linux put too many
> quotes around the initstring...dumb....but for now I got an other
> problem.....
> when I look with tail at my messages, the dialup connection stops at
> the line where it shows the connection speed...at that time I am not
> already connected to the internet and have not seen my login or password
> seen in the message file(or something comparable).

> Does any of you have an idea what the problem is?
> Help is appreciated.

> Paul

> > Hello,

> > I recently configured a internet connection. This works all fine with
> > kppp, but when I want to connect through netcfg itself...it fails and
> > the terminal screen shows this error message:

> > /etc/sysconfig/netqork-scripts/ifup: FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1: command not
> > found

> > FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1 is part of my initstring (AT&FB40S38.3=1S84.4=1)

> > I tried to look in the specified DIR and thought it might be the
> > chat-ppp script, but I don't know what to change!!!!

> > What am I supposed to do so netcfg can dial up???
> > I desperately need it, cause I am setting up Masqdialer.
> > Can anyone please help me

> > Paul

1. can't activate netcfg..

i have redhat 6.2 which i installed with the gnome config package...
when i try to activate the netcfg i get
traceback (innermost last):
and then a lot of messages like:
file "path/filename" , line "line number" in ?
""
""

and in the end:
tclError: no display name and no $DISPLAY Envioment variable.

2. Logon script using a samba-server & windows 9x workstations .. ?

3. Activating PPP with netcfg

4. email solution platform

5. Modem won't activate in Netcfg under Xwindows

6. quake and SiS integrated sound card

7. can't activate netcfg

8. $Display variable

9. How can I activate/de-activate DTR and RTS in Unix

10. how do I activate/de-activate dns entry?

11. Problem with netcfg???

12. redhat netcfg problem

13. Red Hat and netcfg problems