Man stopped working...

Post by Ajit Krishn » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
   All of a sudden, man stopped working in one of my users (my primary user)
with man <topic> it spits out "no manual entry for topic"

Can someone tell me why it would suddenly stopped working? All the exported var
's look fine...(RH 5.1)

Ajit

1. man stopped working

PROBLEM: man has stopped working

DIAGNOSTICS:

apropos: manpath is null

Reading config file /etc/man.config
found man directory /usr/man
found man directory /usr/local/man
found man directory /usr/X11R6/man
found man directory /usr/lib/perl5/man
found manpath map /bin --> /usr/man
found manpath map /sbin --> /usr/man
found manpath map /usr/bin --> /usr/man
found manpath map /usr/sbin --> /usr/man
found manpath map /usr/local/bin --> /usr/local/man
found manpath map /usr/X11R6/bin --> /usr/X11R6/man
found manpath map /usr/bin/X11 --> /usr/X11R6/man
found manpath map /usr/bin/mh --> /usr/man

using /usr/bin/less -is as pager
No manual entry for ls

BACKGROUND:
Since last known time that man was functioning correctly I've performed
the
following changes on my rh 5.2 system:

1. Installed Xfstt-0.9.10
2. Tried to config networking - misconfigured a few things
- came back to normal- settled with just changing the host name for now

Does anybody know the remedy for this ?

Thanks,

Lasse Jansson

2. Ygl

3. Man! my man doesn't work.

4. Problem with configuring X and CD-ROM

5. man works, man -t doesn't

6. Epson Stylus Color 640

7. Man Man more man?

8. Linux, PowerPC and VirtualPC?

9. man oh man oh man!

10. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

11. tk man, perl man, and man servers

12. Man doesn't work or need some work from SLS release !!!

13. Lucent Venus modem worked for about 1/2 hour then stopped working