Bootup error - please help me fix...

Post by jack.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am running RH6.1, and as it is booting I get a "Failed" message
at "Finding Module Dependencies":
" Can't open /lib/modules/2.2.12-20Boot/modules.dep "

What do I need to do to fix this?

(Please respond to NG)
Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Checksum error upon bootup uf Sparc IPC - please help!

Hi Netfolks,

I have a problem when booting up and wondered if anyone
had any pointers on what the problem might be.  These are
the relevant system stats:

Sparc IPC w/24 MB RAM
Internal 207 MB Hard disk
SunOS 4.1.3U1 System.
standalone workstation

The Problem:
When I initially start up the machine, it gives the
following:
Booting from sd(0,0,0)vmunix
Checksum 11c17d85 != fd75a3ee trying to boot anyway
Illegal InstructionType

Anyone know what this is.  It had been working fine the
day before, and then this happened.  The only thing I had
done previous to this was compress a few files using
compress to free up a little disk space, but I was able
to boot fine after doing this.  The problem only manifested
itself the next day (several reboots after the compression
had taken place.)  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allen Cecil

2. Joint USENIX Symposia: Microkernels and other Kernel Architectures and Symposium on Distributed and Multiprocessor Systems

3. Failed Attempt to fix GLIBC (2.x) error - Please Help

4. Experience with PAS16 MediaVision kit

5. 2.4.18 raid1 - fix SMP locking/interrupt errors, fix resync counter errors

6. make pcmcia use correct parent resources

7. Please, please help me fix my box!

8. Finding eldest file on a filesystem

9. PowerPC (Motorola) Won't Bootup..HELP PLEASE!!!!

10. Bootup warnings on PCI hardware - help please

11. Crash at bootup; ?Boot blocks problem - please help!

12. Please help problem at bootup and halt after update of initscripts !?!

13. Help please, dhcp get's IP during bootup.