StarOffice Setup Question

Post by bossho.. » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have "successfully" set up Caldera OpenLinux Base on my PC.  With
the software came a CD with StarOffice 3.1.  I read the readme file,
followed the instructions using rpm, extracted the files to the
appropriate directory, and then ran the setup utility as a separate
user (not root).

Everything seemed to work ok, I got the GUI setup screen that gave me
all the prompts, and ended with a "setup successful" message.

"Great", I thought, wiping the sweat off my brow.  But, now I can't
find an executable.  Can anybody tell me how to run this application
now that it is <apparently> set up?

Thanks.

Alan

1. can't setup StarOffice-3.1

Ok, I tried to install Star Office, as a usr (I know you can't do it as
root), and I couldn't get it to do the setup, and I have no clue what went
wrong.  Can anyone help me?

Script started on Thu Jul 24 16:54:42 1997

StarOffice3.1 Installation Tool
[SV/Window E0004] Error: parent before childs destroyed

exit
Script done on Thu Jul 24 16:56:28 1997

More info (you probably don't need to tell me what is wrong):
OS:
LINUX RedHat 4.2

Computer:
Pentium 60Mhz
Award Modular BIOS v4.50G
16 MB RAM
Cirrus Logic 5434 Video Card
14" Canon VGA moniter
HP DeskJet 540 Printer
1.44 Floppy
1.2G IDE Hard Drive (master) - DOS
405M IDE Hard Drive (slave) - RedHat disk
Sony CD ROM
33.6 USRobotics Voice/Fax Sporster Internal Modem

2. Linux real time kernel?

3. Help with StarOffice Base setup please

4. compiled progs always core dump

5. staroffice setup

6. Cannot compile 2.4.2-ac23 kernel

7. StarOffice 5.0 Setup

8. Remote Terminal

9. staroffice setup hangs

10. Setup staroffice

11. StarOffice ./setup fails

12. StarOffice-3.1 setup fails on redhat-4.2

13. StarOffice-4.0 Multi-User setup (some scripts)