3COM 3C905b & SuSe problem

Post by gs.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have a problem with SuSe Linux 6.4 and the 3COM 3C905b network
chipset on a DELL Precision 410 Machine.

I installed Linux without any problems, everything was recognized.
Network is running, I can access the Internet without problems. When I
start to download a file the system completely locks up after about 15
seconds. CAD or anything else does not work, I cannot longer telnet to
the machine. The same happens if I use Netscape for several minutes so
IMHO the machine locks up after some TCP/IP stuff is transfered.

If I shutdown the machine properly it hangs at eth0, I have to do a hard
reset to reboot.

I checked the SuSe Webpage but I can't find a lot of useful informations
and also the page of the device driver for the 3C905b chipset does not
help that much.

Does anyone know this problem, if so, do you have any hints for me?

Thanks in advance!

Adrian Gschwend

--
Adrian Gschwend

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

3COM 3C905b & SuSe problem

Post by Josef Oswal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi :-)

I use a 3com905b-tpo and I had to disable pnp, but it looks like
something else causes your problem....

take a look in your /etc/rc.config for a entry:

ip_forwarding=yes

other then that _I_ can`t think of a solution ( that does not mean
somebody else might have the correct answer to this particular problem)

sorry that I can't give you more clues :-/

btw I am running SuSE 6.2....

--

registered-linux-user # 13.818 at http://counter.li.org

3COM 3C905b & SuSe problem

Post by Hal Burgi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I have a problem with SuSe Linux 6.4 and the 3COM 3C905b network
>chipset on a DELL Precision 410 Machine.

>I installed Linux without any problems, everything was recognized.
>Network is running, I can access the Internet without problems. When I
>start to download a file the system completely locks up after about 15
>seconds. CAD or anything else does not work, I cannot longer telnet to
>the machine. The same happens if I use Netscape for several minutes so
>IMHO the machine locks up after some TCP/IP stuff is transfered.

>If I shutdown the machine properly it hangs at eth0, I have to do a
>hard reset to reboot.

>I checked the SuSe Webpage but I can't find a lot of useful
>informations and also the page of the device driver for the 3C905b
>chipset does not help that much.

>Does anyone know this problem, if so, do you have any hints for me?

What module is used (/etc/modules.conf)? Try the 3c59x module is this is
set to something different. Works for me fine. Also look for IRQ
conflicts: cat /proc/interrupts

--
Hal B

--

1. How to run a 3c905b (3com) with 100Mbit under SuSE 7.2 ?

Hi,

I can't get this 3c905b to run  with 100Mbit under SuSE 7.2.
The hint from the SuSE-Supportdatabase doesn't work on my system...
( '/etc/modules.conf'  with entry 'options 3c59x options=4').

Who knows the problem and can help?

Thanks,

Torben

2. Diamond SupraExpress modem, NT, RH7 dual booting

3. 3com 3c905b & @home, Now what do I do?

4. apache

5. 3COM 3C905B-TX & Host Error, FIFO ....

6. Solaris x86 Newsgroup

7. driver for 3com 3C905b-TX & for Matrox Millennium G200

8. newbie cannot connect to net with mandrake9

9. 3com 3c59x Vortex (3C905B-TX) Problems

10. 3com 3c905b Cyclone problem

11. Problems with 3Com 3c905B

12. problem with 3com 3C905B-TX

13. 3com 3c905b problems