How to install rpms from Redhat 5.0 on 4.2

How to install rpms from Redhat 5.0 on 4.2

Post by Drak » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I want to install some new modules that come with the Redhat 5 build
on 4.2 but have had no success.  When I use glint it just bombs out.
Do I need to upgrade my rpm version so that I can use the new RPMS.
If so is there a way to do this.  I dont want to install Redhat 5.0
because some other software I have does not run properly in Redhat
5.0.  Would appreciate any help anyone could give.

1. How to install rpms from Redhat 5.0 on 4.2

I want to install some new modules that come with the Redhat 5 build
on 4.2 but have had no success.  When I use glint it just bombs out.
Do I need to upgrade my rpm version so that I can use the new RPMS.
If so is there a way to do this.  I dont want to install Redhat 5.0
because some other software I have does not run properly in Redhat
5.0.  Would appreciate any help anyone could give.

2. cancel 1075@equinox.unr.edu

3. RedHat 4.2 install via FTP + updated .rpm files

4. Screwed up tar tape

5. RedHat 4.2 .rpm updates and install via FTP

6. GeForce 256 card without 3D accelleration

7. Redhat 4.2/5.0 install troubles

8. Base lining of processes of a solaris

9. Linux(Redhat 5.0, Redhat 4.2, Slackware) failing to recognize hard drive.

10. RH 5.0 rpms usable under RH 4.2?

11. 5.0 RPMs work on 4.2?

12. RedHat 4.2 'rpm' whoo's

13. RedHat 4.2 RPM problem