VIdeo STB S3 and Printer setup

Post by Goer1Th » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Yeah,

I got the same problem with Mr. David. Actually, I just get my pentium
system
from Gateway2000 ( It comes with STB S3 and 17''Vivitron). I installed
Linux Slackware ver 2.01. At first everything went very cool. But, when I
tried to configure the Xconfig of XFree86, I got myself frustation.

So, I was wondering if somebody done it successfully.

Thank you.
------------------------
Guruh Purnama
------------------------

1. VIdeo STB S3 and Printer setup

: Hi,

: I just begin with Linux and I have some problems to do the following things.
: I have a video board PCI STB S3 Trio 64 chip:86C764 and I don't have the
: file or the drivers to run X Windows with.
: Does anyone know it? and how can I do to run X with it?

: How do you set the printer with Linux? I have an Epson
: Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

: regards
: Franck

You can configure your card by typing  xf86config  and
choosing the processor S3 trio 64 in the menu.

2. an odd problem with rpm, netscape and limewire

3. STB Powergraph 64 Video (S3 Trio64V+)

4. PPP and routing...

5. Help with new S3 video card: S3: Unknown S3 chipset chip_id = 0x31e1 rev. 61

6. Read only filesystem!!!

7. S3 S3 S3 X X X S3 S3 S3

8. TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE Conference (TCS'99)

9. Help w/ S3 Video Setup

10. S3 Jaxton Local Bus Video Setup for X 2.1.1

11. S3 Vision video Card and VIVITRON 1776 X config setup problem

12. setup video card, printer, backup system

13. PPC6400 w/Internal Video & Mactell S3 Video -- gdm problems