kernel compile no-go with binutils 2.8.1.0.1

kernel compile no-go with binutils 2.8.1.0.1

Post by Matthew K Robert » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I tried to compile the kernel (2.0.30) after installing the new binutils,
but
the objdump utility now won't support the options passed to it by the
Makefile.

If you can help me, I think you will know what I am talking about without
too
much more explanation, but any input is GREATLY appreciated.  If you need
some
information from my setup before you post a reply--PLEASE contact me!

Matt Roberts, KK5JY,

kernel compile no-go with binutils 2.8.1.0.1

Post by Henrik Storn » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I tried to compile the kernel (2.0.30) after installing the new binutils,
>but the objdump utility now won't support the options passed to it by the
>Makefile.

Once again:

  rm `which encaps`

It's in the docs, both for binutils and for the kernel.

--

"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
 failed to start because of the following error:

1. KWifimanager no-go after kernel upgrade

Hi,

I took the gamble and upgraded my kernel to 2.4.21 via apt-get.
Everything went smooth except that the KWifimanager-applet in the system
tray doesn't do anything (like showing signal strength, ip, SSID) and
doesn't even show (and detect?) the Sitecom WL-011 wireless pcmcia card
(Atmel chipped) I have. The card DOES work however, as did the applet with
kernel 2.4.20. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
Marc
--
Registered Linux user #309329, http://counter.li.org
SuSE 8.2 Prof - 2.4.21 - KDE3.1.2

2. Sol2.5.1 power-down key

3. heads-up: preempt kernel and tux NO-GO

4. nntp on an AT&T 3B2

5. NFS mount no-go after upgrade 1.1.59 => 1.1.95 kernel

6. can't get "Plan" going on X/Linux

7. Compiling kernel with -g may confuse binutils

8. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

9. Compiling 2.0.33 kernels with gnu binutils 2.8.1

10. new binutils cant compile the kernel

11. Compiling Kernel w/ Binutils-2.8.1

12. binutils 2.8.x & kernel compiling

13. Feedback request: "typical" compile times for binutils, gcc, kernel, etc.