can't detect Winfast GeForce 2 MX?

Post by <simonc.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When I install the Red Hat Linux 7.0 The installer program can't detect my
video card. After the installation, I login in as "root" user in text
mode. Then when i type "startx", once again, it prompt a message and said
that no video device is detected. My video card is a Winfast GeForce 2 MX.
Anyone can solve my problem or give me some hints please.
Thanks!

1. Don't know how to configure Leadtek WinFast GeForce2 MX/MX MAX under XFree 4.2

My video card is a Leadtek WinFast GeForce2 MX/MX MAX.
The name that Windows 98 assigns to my video card is "WinFast GeForce2 MX/MX
MAX"

I know for sure that it has 64 MB of memory

I installed Free BSD 4.4 on my computer.
From the installation guide I guessed that XFree86 3.3.6 doesn't support my
video card, so I installed it without XFree.
I downloaded all the tarballs for XFree86 4.2 and then followed the
instructions to install it.
I tried to configure it but it doesn't work.

Probably there's something that I don't know, for example:

1)the driver for my video card should be "nv", but is it loaded dynamically
by the X server or I have to install it by adding a line "device ..." and
then recompile the kernel?

2)when I run the  'xf86config' utility and I'm asked to select the video
card from the list, there isn't an exact match for my video card, so is it
enough to select the entry for nVidia GeForce or what else have I got to do?

3)If I have to add the device node for my video card, have I got to use
makedev "nv" ?

4)Do you think that if I reinstall FreeBSD 4.4 with XFree86 3.3.6 could
things work correctly or I risk to damage my equipment?

2. Looking for "high" number of hits on Linux/NCSA

3. MandrakeLinux 8.0, Elsa Gladiac MX GeForce 2 MX and Iiyama S900MT1

4. Redhat 6.1 Install with ATI rage 128 vid

5. need help can't use my geforce II MX with freeBSD

6. SiS6326 Finally Working :-)

7. Still can't get GeForce 2 MX to work -- help please

8. 2 machine net question

9. WinFast A170 DDR T & XWindows (NVidia GEForce 4 chip)

10. Winfast Geforce2 MX + Xfree86-4.0.1 + TV-out?

11. MX-loopup, can't send mail to MX-sites..

12. Videos not playing on the GeForce 4 MX 440?

13. GeForce 2 MX (Creative) problem with linux.