Mystique and Slackware

Post by Aszur » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

I have a question...
I have a Matrox Mystique and am using Slackware. I ran the xf86conf and the
xf86setup and got everything to run in 1024x768 with no prob but it is only
in 8 bit color. I know that the card will run in 32 bit because I got RedHat
to do it. Does anyone know the trick to get it to go?

Thanks in advance

plz reply to aszure AT mediaone.net

Mystique and Slackware

Heheh nevermind I figured it out

Post by Pepijn Schmit » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

> I have a question...
> I have a Matrox Mystique and am using Slackware. I ran the xf86conf and the
> xf86setup and got everything to run in 1024x768 with no prob but it is only
> in 8 bit color. I know that the card will run in 32 bit because I got RedHat
> to do it. Does anyone know the trick to get it to go?

You can start the server with 'startx -- -bpp 16', 'startx -- -bpp 24'
or 'startx -- -bpp 32' to choose the bitdepth. You can add the '-bpp xx'
part to xinit to do it every time you start the server.

/Pepijn