AT1700 Ethernet problem...

Post by Chagarn Wh » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hello, I'm having problem setting up my Allied Telysis AT1700
Ethernet card under Linux. The kernel (V1.3.5) recognizes the card
fine, but when I try to ping other machines it just stays there.
I can ping myself happily, but no one else. I think I got all the
relevent IP addresses right, since the card works fine with
DOS/MSW. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Chagarn

Post by Joseph Y Ch » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: Hello, I'm having problem setting up my Allied Telysis AT1700
: Ethernet card under Linux. The kernel (V1.3.5) recognizes the card
: fine, but when I try to ping other machines it just stays there.
: I can ping myself happily, but no one else. I think I got all the
: relevent IP addresses right, since the card works fine with
: DOS/MSW. Any suggestions?

: Thanks in advance!

: -Chagarn
:

I encounterd the same problen with an AT2000 card.  Actually it was not
caused by the card.  It turned out that a cheap hub used for 2 PCs hung.
After I reset it, every thing runs smoothly.

-- joe
--
  Joseph Y Chen, grad student        | c++d++e++g++
  Department of Civil Engineering &  | --------------------------------------

1. AT1700 ethernet not working

Installed several linux versions on a machine with an AT1700 ethernet
(10baseT and fiber).
I can get modprobe to see the card at irq=10 and io=0x240 (can change also).
Looking at procs/iterrupts and ioports indicates no conflicts at irq 10 and
0x240.

After setting up the local IP and adding the router (gateway) (just like Ive
done on
several other computers) I can ping my local machine only.

ifconfig shows good settings.  ????  Can't understand why I can't get to the
router.

Also, the ethernet card 'disappeared' while I was installing both redhat 7
and RedmondLinux. What I mean is
that the installer could not 'see' it and the lights on the card and router
were not lit. ?!?!?!  Strange.

The card still works under Win98 and 2000 server.  I want to use linux as my
server OS and dump WIN2000
but unless the card works .....

Anyone know what to do now?

Thanks,
Brian

2. Changing Refresh Rates

3. Allied Telesis AT1700 ethernet card not recognised

4. REDHAT ERROR MESSAGES WHILE DIALING UP ISP

5. Linux on PS/2 MCA with AT1700 Ethernet card

6. Trouble getting nntp running locally

7. AT1700 setup problem...

8. Gateway Solo 9100 S5-233, question.

9. AT1700 net problem

10. Problems with AT1700 driver/RE2000 cards

11. at1700 install problems