power management other than for laptops

Post by Mayl » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi everyone,
I don't know if I dreamt of this or something, but
I thought I have seen somewhere information about being
able to get power management other than for laptops.
Only that I'm completely unable to find it again!

I remember seeing something like: it is possible to obtain
usual advanced power management (suspend, shutdown, etc) features
even if your computer bios does not support it.

Is this really possible and could anyone point me to info,
web site, or how to... or was I really dreaming..?

TIA,
Mayly

                    http://www.searchlinux.com