1. How to set up my own server (www,ftp,mail,dns)?
Here I try to explain my problem, hope you can help:
I have at the office a direct connection to the internet. We have
static IP addresses to assigned to some of the pc's and the others are
dynamically assigned by the router's NAT.
I also already have my own domain parked on an ISP, so my website and
email server is not in my control but in my ISP's. So I want to move
my server to my office.
I have already assigned one of the static IP's to a linux box wich
also has already the local IP 192.168.0.1
This box has Apache, Postfix, Bind, and ProFTP servers as default
configured by Mandrake 9.0
Have my www, email and ftp own server with mydomain.com
Now the questions:
1- What would be the correct name I have to assign to that box?
d- none of the above....(wich one)
2-As far as I understand Apache will give www access, Postfix POP3 &
SMTP access, Proftp ftp access and Bind is needed in order to have
mydomain.com acceible to the internet. Do I need any other program
running in order to accomplish my goal? if so wich one?
3-Now what? Do I simply go to netsol.com and change the DNS host IP to
my linux box IP? or do I have to make sme other configurations.
2. Konquerer's built-in PDF viewer not working...
3. Setting up Mandrake as Web/FTP/Mail Server Help
4. Pico--why is it run as root?
5. How to set up mail and ftp server ?
6. Weird Incorrect Partition Size Problem
7. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!
8. Veritas: mv'ing controllers?
9. How to set up ftp-proxy for connexions to a NATed FTP server on OBSD 2.9 ?
10. Newbie: security on newly mail server, web server & mysql, ftp
11. dialin server connect OK but can't mail,ftp...to this server via ppp
12. Set up ftp server for FreeBSD Package Server...
13. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)