Intelligent mouse freezing in copy files through KDE file manager

Intelligent mouse freezing in copy files through KDE file manager

Post by Huy V » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I have a Microsoft Intellimouse  setup  as Intellimouse PS2 under Redhat
6.1. It works fine even though the middle button not working as needed.

Sometime, during the copie  files through KDE'File manager, if I move the
mouse and since this time the mouse will stop working. I had to reboot the
PC each time to reset the mouse.

Does someone see this problem before?

Thanks in   advance for any help.

H.V

1. BUG: KDE 2.1.2 Konqueror & viewing PDF file - mouse freezes

I'm running SuSE 7.1 upgraded to XFree-4.0.3 and KDE-2.1.2 from SuSE rpms.

I have found a reproducible problem when viewing this pdf file :

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/articles/issue11/lu11-True_Stories-Microso...

When you enlarge the PDF viewer window that Konqi puts up, and magnify
Twice to make it more readable, the mouse pointer becomes frozen.

It is still possible to use keyboard, but I have to <CNTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE>
to restart X to get use of mouse back.

Is this a known problem, fixed in 2.2, reproducible by others?
Does it need reporting somewhere else?

Rob

2. Yet Another Linux newbie lost in LILO-land

3. how do you associate file with different apps in the kde file manager?

4. Experience with: Micron, Royal, or Maximus needed

5. File Manager's Find command causes File Manager to close - why?

6. Crontab

7. Copy file from Solaris to NT thru cron?

8. PowerbookG3 modem not being found

9. machine freezes copying files from NFS

10. Red Hat 6.2 build freezes on "Error copying file..."

11. Copying files across file systems

12. Programming simple file copy, move, and other file mngmnt routines

13. to copy file from remote file system