RedHat 6.2 and Kernel 6.2 on an SMP machine

RedHat 6.2 and Kernel 6.2 on an SMP machine

Post by sagar2.. » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 01:25:03

Hi,

I am a Linux newbie, so please bear with me.
I have a DELL 610 with 2 Intel Processors.
I have RedHat 6.2 installed and want to upgrade
to the latest kernel. How can I do this? Anyone
have pointers to resources for accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sagar

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

RedHat 6.2 and Kernel 6.2 on an SMP machine

Post by TheMartia » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:22:54

I have one of those machines with Redhat 6.2 running 2.4ac7 Kernel.

I installed the new kernel from the source tarball, do you have any
experience with compiling the kernel?

if not RPM's would likely be easier for you, if not as flexable. I do not
know where to find these, but am sure that someone will post the URL.

If you want to have a go at compiling from source the kernel howto is at :-

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Kernel-HOWTO.html

stuck? email me, and I will try and help you.

David
--
Sydney, Australia

> Hi,

> I am a Linux newbie, so please bear with me.
> I have a DELL 610 with 2 Intel Processors.
> I have RedHat 6.2 installed and want to upgrade
> to the latest kernel. How can I do this? Anyone
> have pointers to resources for accomplishing this?

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Sagar

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/