Help with SoundBlaster Pro clone sound card

Help with SoundBlaster Pro clone sound card

Post by Rpugh » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a Packard Bell, which means that most of the parts are clones.  I am
running RedHat 5.0 and am having problems with my sound card.  The card is made
by Aztech and is supposed to be a SoundBlaster Pro clone.  Does anyone know if
a driver exists to operate this card under Linux?

1. HELP: PLIP problems with Soundblaster PRO sound card

I have sent this message to the supposed author of the PLIP code

(I sent it over 2 weeks ago). I have posted this on the newsgroup
before and I never had a response on this. B-( So I am trying
once again!.

There HAS to be someone out there that has a soundcard AND runs PLIP!!

Here is my problem:

  I have a SoundBlaster PRO sound card, which (I beleive) is
  causing PLIP to fail, it is currently configured for IRQ _5_.

  PLIP tells me at system boot up that it is using IRQ 7,
  so I would not expect there to be any IRQ conflict.

  After MUCH experimenting, I have narrowed down the problem to my
  sound card - basically if the sound card is IN, PLIP fails,
  (PINGs dont work at all, in fact the other computer I connect to locks up).
  if the sound card is taken OUT, PLIP works fine.

  I tried alternate IRQ's for the Sound card and that did not help.

  My guess is that PLIP will fail with any card that uses IRQ 5
  (ie a bus mouse). I suspect the auto IRQ detect code is buggy.

  If you know of a patch to fix this, I'd really want to know about it!

  Thanks in advance.

  Please email any replies.

--
   .------.   Richard Frost                   _--_|\             .------.

(| |------|   Ph/Fax: +61-8-201-3651/3507    \_.--*_/ Sth Aust.  |------| |)
)) |      | _________________________._____________v____________ |      | (\
CSIRO/Flinders Joint Research Centre |URL http://www.jrc.flinders.edu.au/

2. looking for sources for FBSD.2.2's "ftpd"

3. Soundblaster Pro clone and kernel 2.2.1

4. Controlling outbound telnet connections.

5. Soundblaster Pro clone (ESS ES1788)

6. Perl: split string

7. Getting full duplex sound using two sound cards/iphone clone

8. Philips CM153 & HP Deskjet

9. Help required with Soundblaster PnP sound card

10. Help me buy the RIGHT Sound Card!!! SoundBlaster???

11. Bad sound from Soundblaster Pro

12. Installing Linux using Soundblaster (Not Soundblaster Pro) CD drive

13. IRQ problems with MAD 16 PRO sound card... HELP!