Boot to a Parallel Zip Drive?

Post by Rob D » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Is anyone booting LINUX up (or can it be done) with a "parallel" zip drive?
any input would be helpful!

1. parallel zip drive + additional parallel card

Hi all,

I need more storage spaces on my computer. After all things considered,
I am about to purchase a parallel version zip drive. Also considering to
get myself an additional parallel card, since I've heard that it is
impossible to use parallel zip and printer simultaneously.

The problem is I don't know how to do it, where to start.... in one word
I have no idear how I can get these things done. Of course, I have
already read the zip mini howto but I could not understand it very well
due to my limited knowledge. Oh, I am using Red Hat Linux 5.1.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Can not copy + paste with mouse using RH 7.2 on terminal windows

3. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

4. Disk striping/mirroring plans for Linux?

5. pc doesn't boot without a Zip disk in the Zip Drive

6. Realadio Player vs Solaris 2.5 SPARC

7. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

8. might_sleep() in copy_{from,to}_user and friends?

9. RH5.0 Installing a parallel zip drive

10. Parallel Zip Drive Problem

11. ppa for Parallel Zip drive

12. Parallel ZIP drive problems

13. zip drive on second parallel port: