ANNOUNCE: jaztool 1.0 - Iomega Jaz Tool for Linux

ANNOUNCE: jaztool 1.0 - Iomega Jaz Tool for Linux

Post by Bob Willmo » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Jaz Drive mini-HOWTO
--------------------
The Jaz Drive mini-HOWTO which is now online at:

        http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/jaztool/

Jaz Tool for Linux
------------------

I've written a native Linux tool that support software ejection
and hardware read/write protection for the Jaz.
Its available at

        http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/jaztool/

or on sunsite

        ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/jaztool-1.0.tar.gz

Please take a look at the howto and let me know if there is anything
you think I should add/delete or correct.

Specifically I'm looking for more info about the sleep mode problems
that I've read about in comp.os.linux*.
I've been unable to reproduce any of the problems I've read about.

With the 2.0.10 kernel and an Adaptec 2940 my drive goes to sleep
and wakes up fine.

--
Bob Willmot

http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/

Post by Mr. Annie Sprink » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Jaz Drive mini-HOWTO
>--------------------
>The Jaz Drive mini-HOWTO which is now online at:

>    http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/jaztool/

>Jaz Tool for Linux
>------------------

>I've written a native Linux tool that support software ejection
>and hardware read/write protection for the Jaz.
>Its available at

>    http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/jaztool/

>or on sunsite

>    ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming/jaztool-1.0.tar.gz

Well done...thank you.

Quote:>Specifically I'm looking for more info about the sleep mode problems
>that I've read about in comp.os.linux*.
>I've been unable to reproduce any of the problems I've read about.

>With the 2.0.10 kernel and an Adaptec 2940 my drive goes to sleep
>and wakes up fine.

I have the reported problem (Adaptec 2842 VL Kernel 1.2.13) and as far
as I can tell by the reports, the SCSI wake-up problem seems
restricted to the 1.2.X kernels.  Users report that the wake-up
problem does not exists in the 2.X kernels.  I use the Caldera Network
Desktop and had to update my kernel source to CND level 10 to get the
Jaz drive to work at all (would cause an infinite SCSI bus hang,
forcing a hard boot).

If anyone out there knows how to patch the 1.2.13 kernel to correct
the SCSI bus time-out problem, please post-it or let me know.  Thanks.

Signature? I don't need no stinkin' .sig

Post by Bob Willmo » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> >Jaz Tool for Linux
> >------------------

[...]

Quote:> Well done...thank you.

Your Welcome :-)

Quote:

> If anyone out there knows how to patch the 1.2.13 kernel to correct
> the SCSI bus time-out problem, please post-it or let me know.  Thanks.

Is there any special reason you don't just upgrade to the 2.0.10 kernel?

--
Bob Willmot

http://www.cnct.com/~bwillmot/