Connecting two machines; Client will only communicate properly when pinged constantly from Server.

Connecting two machines; Client will only communicate properly when pinged constantly from Server.

Post by Harle » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Server:
Linux 2.0.29
Smc Etherez 8149
Loadable module for smc ultra v2.00
Crossover wires or smc hub and store bought cables
No Dns
No Error messages on boot up
No Error messages in logs
No problems networking locally in the server
No problem pinging the client (Linux/win)

Client:
Linux 2.0.29/Win
3com etherlink3 lan+33.6 3C562D/3C563D (pcmcia)
Pcmcia Card Services v2.9.2 or higher to version that supports the card
specifically.
No Dns
No Error messages on boot up
No Error messages in logs
No problems networking locally in the client

Problem:
Unless the Server is continuously pinging clients ip # ,
the client will comunicate with the server for a few moments, then stop.
Once I start pinging the client from the server they communicate fine.

When I run both machines in win with NetBEUI, it runs as smooth as silk.

Thanks Harley

1. Connecting two machines, Problem: They only communicate properly when server is pinging the clients ip.

--
[...]

2. Staroffice without MOTIF ?

3. Connecting two machines:; Client only communicate with server when server continuously pings client.

4. LILO in BR?

5. cannot communicate with network unless server pings clients ip address.

6. wu-ftpd-2.1c and shadow passwords

7. server needs one ping to client to work properly ?

8. Pliiiiiiz

9. Newbie connect question: Two PCs, both RH 5.1, two NE2000 cards: failure to ping!!!!!!!!!!!

10. VPN clients for Windows machine to connect to a Linux server

11. DHCP Client and Server, two nics, one Linux machine-->configuration problem

12. Simple client/server socket program works on one Linux machine, it doesnot work on other machine

13. Linux server communicating with Windows clients?