Support for Adaptec AVA-2825

Post by Rob St. Joh » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Is there a linux boot disk with support for the SCSI section on the Adaptec
> AVA-2825 SCSI controller?

> I've got it hooked up with a SCSI CD-ROM and 1G disk, but the slackware 3.0
> scsi bootdisk says it can't find /dev/sda.

Howdy Matt,

Try adding the following at the boot prompt:

boot: linux aha2825,address,IRQ,SCSI ID,
Substituting the correct parameters for your device. All the parameters
may not be necessary to recognize your device, e.g. My initial boot look
like such:

boot: linux cdu31a=0x340 aha1542=0x330,buson sbpcd=0

Thus, linux would use my Sony CD, my AHA 1542 SCSI as bus mastering, and
disable CD probing. Since I use lilo I appended my lilo.conf file with
the following:
        append = "cdu31a=0x340 aha1542=0x330,buson sbpcd=0"

Remember to run lilo before rebooting!

Hope this helps,
Rob