Tulip Driver worked under RH 5.0, doesn't under 5.2 or SuSE 5.2, any ideas?

Tulip Driver worked under RH 5.0, doesn't under 5.2 or SuSE 5.2, any ideas?

Post by Brian Sutterfiel » Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have been using RH Linux on a Compaq with an onboard DEC 23x4x something
or other.  It was automatically recognized  by the kerner and the tulip
driver was loaded for it.  Been running for months.  I upgraded my system to
RH 5.2, and the card is no longer recognized.  I tried to pass the IRQ and
Memory settings to the kernel, but it was still not recognized.  SuSE,
recognized it as a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 PCI which would be fine if it
worked.  I can go down the path of finding the differences between the 5.0
tulip driver and the 5.2 driver, but If anyone has done this already, or run
into this problem, I would appreciate any information.  Thanks

Brian Sutterfield

Tulip Driver worked under RH 5.0, doesn't under 5.2 or SuSE 5.2, any ideas?

Have you tried to recompile the kernel?  If not, it's a worthwhile experience.

--
Lobbyist: Someone who hangs out on the ground floor of buildings.  --CWV