Jul 4 12:28:32 sisterray pppd[1669]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Jul 4 12:28:32 sisterray pppd[1669]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Post by Rej » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

When doing a dialup to one of my ISP pppd puts the following error in my
log. Any idea where it comes from?

  pppd[1669]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Thanx in advance, -Rejo.
--

= http://mediaport.org/~sister                PGP: RSA FAE40065, DSS/DH 2C8059B5

Jul 4 12:28:32 sisterray pppd[1669]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Post by Gene Hesket » Mon, 05 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Unrot13 this;

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Rejo ;

You've not given very much detail.  Turn on the pppd debugging in the
pppd setup useing 'linuxconf' and try it again after doing the exit
confirmations it will ask.

The log should then be verbose enough to see whats out of kilter.

> Hi,
> When doing a dialup to one of my ISP pppd puts the following error
> in my log. Any idea where it comes from?
>   pppd[1669]: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
> Thanx in advance, -Rejo.
> --
> = Rejo  [Sister Ray Crisiscentrum]

> = http://mediaport.org/~sister                PGP: RSA FAE40065,
> DSS/DH 2C8059B5
> -------------

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip

                               |Buddha + 4 gig WDC drive, 525 meg tape
                               |Stylus Pro, EnPrint, Picasso-II, 17" vga
         RC5-Moo! 690kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net
--

1. pppd: CCP: timeoute sending Config-Requests

Hello,

I have been experiencing trouble setting up ppp to work with my ISP.  At
first, I tried using kppp, but it bombed because of a timeout sending config
requests.  So, I tried setting up regular old pppd through the shell.  This
time the ppp link is established, but its performance is awful.  If I check
the log, the same message about timing out on CCP config requests is
present.

I have read the ppp-HOWTO and the pppd man page.  For one, thing there is no
reference to CCP anywhere so I don't even know what its for much less fix
problems with it.  I have tried starting pppd with the -detach option and
seen information being exchanged with the ppp server about configuration.
This information isn't too useful to me since the man page for pppd doesn't
even see to mention the -detach option or what it means.

When detach is on, the following three lines keep repeating after some other
lines:
sent [CCP: ConfReq id=0x04]
rcvd [CCP: TermReq id=0x00]
send [CCP: TermAck id=0x00]

Of possible note, earlier lines state things like:
rcvd [CCP: ConfReq id=0x04 <12 06 00 00 00 01>]
sent  [CCP: ConfRej id=0x04 <12 06 00 00 00 01>]

As always, ppp works fine in windows 98.

Thank you,

-Alex Gerdemann

Ps. I'm using Mandrake Linux 6

2. Looking for Secure Pop3 server.

3. CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

4. Newbies guide to installing(removing) an OS

5. Error: CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests / route command hangs

6. Integrated NIC in a Alpha 500au

7. CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

8. Mount Fail with the 3COM Card

9. CCP: timeout sending Config-Requests (log included)

10. CCP: timeout sending config requests

11. pppd fails with: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

12. pppd -> LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests ???

13. "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" w/ pppd 2.1 p2