Compaq SCSI Controller (NCR 53c710) is not recognized?

Compaq SCSI Controller (NCR 53c710) is not recognized?

Post by Arthur O L Bucion » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to install an Compaq Prosignia VS (496 DX2 66) and it has no
IDE controller...
only a SCSI controller with an HD 2GB and a CDROM.  The system BIOS
recognizes the
controller as Compaq proprietary, the system board has a chip from NCR
and the model
is 53c710. I think NCR is supported by Linux but Linux setup won't find
the controller...
Is there anything I can do about it, like boot arguments?  IO address is
0x8000, irq is 10.
I appreciate any help! Thanks in advance

Arthur

1. Linux / Compaq ProSignia VS / NCR 53c710 embedded SCSI controller

I have a prosignia 500 with 53c710 too and slackware 3.4 works great without

any strange problems. The scsi is recognized 53c7xx,8xx and the network card
is lance 32 network
card.It is a good pc different than the proliant that a lot of prblems with
linux.BTW the prosignia series is fully functional with linux.IF i recompile

the kernel with pci otpitmization all the non correted kernel report are
gone away, and i used to start the scsinet.s file from sunsite.The kernel is

2.0.33.

2. Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer

3. NCR 53C710 & NCR 53C94 SCSI controller

4. wuftpd admin questions

5. Linux on compaq proliant with NCR 53c710 SCSI

6. Can not boot after ass more memory.

7. Compaq ProSignia with NCR 53c710 SCSI

8. Problem with Solaris 2.4 Upgrade HELP!

9. Help in installing on Compaq Prosignia w/ NCR 53c710 SCSI

10. Linux on Compaq Prosigina wity NCR 53c710 SCSI

11. NCR 53C710 Fast SCSI-2 Controller

12. NCR 53c710 SCSI Controller

13. One SCSI controller is not recognized with another SCSI controller