Epson Stylus Color 500

Post by Beat Zahn » Fri, 22 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello

I've just installed RedHat 5.0 on my PC with an Epson Stylus Color 500.
During the setup I selectet the printer Epson Stylus. When I thry to
print somthing (from Ghostscript or StarOffice) then only a few text
sympols are printed. I also cant configure the 720x720 resolution during
the setup.

Is there a proper driver available?

Beat Zahnd
Enginering School Biel
Switzerland

Epson Stylus Color 500

Post by Barry Copto » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hello

> I've just installed RedHat 5.0 on my PC with an Epson Stylus Color 500.
> During the setup I selectet the printer Epson Stylus. When I thry to
> print somthing (from Ghostscript or StarOffice) then only a few text
> sympols are printed. I also cant configure the 720x720 resolution during
> the setup.

There's at least of couple places to get a version of Ghostscript with
the proper support for your printer. Search for "Ghostscript" in
http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/index.html and you can find some Epson-
specific stuff in http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/printing.html