auto-start in Suse 7.0

Post by Benno Büele » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:58:22

Hello

I would like to make an our Lotus Domino server automatically start each
time the system boots. I have read in the manpages about runlevels and I
looked at the skeleton scripts - but this seems to be very complex and as a
novice and I am afraid messing up things.

I would be very happy if there is a simple way like an entry in a file (a la
autoexec.bat in DOS).

And in case you know Domino: what could be the cause that we can send emails
outside, but no incoming mail arrives? (In both cases we use SMTP.)

Thank you very much

Benno

auto-start in Suse 7.0

Post by Dragan Cola » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:29:41

Quote:> And in case you know Domino: what could be the cause that we can send
> emails outside, but no incoming mail arrives? (In both cases we use SMTP.)

you dont't use smtp to send mails, but you use
imap or pop3 (on your mail server).
you use smtp to receive mails (on your mail server)

Dragan

1. How can I auto-reboot a SUN, then auto-login, then auto-start a program?

My Sun (Solaris 2.6) server is running a program as a listener, when it
receives the "installation" command from remote user, it will call a
script which will automatically reboot the machine, then auto-login,
then automatically restart the listener to do the installation ...

Does anyone know how to implement this script,

Thanks a lot,

Hua.

2. Dataless configuration discontinued?

3. How to auto-reboot a SUN, then auto-login, then auto-start a program?

4. vi editor FAQ (Frequently Asked Question List), Part 1/2

5. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

6. Wins replication with ip masquerade

7. How to auto start Samba - RedHat 7.0

8. Linux SCSI HOWTO (part 1/3)

9. starting problems with Upgraded Kernel for SUSE 7.0 and apache 1.3.20

10. Samba not started at SuSE 7.0 boot

11. KDE2 auto-start???

12. How to auto-start of HACMP

13. listener auto-start question for SUN Solaris