X using Matrox Millennium II

Post by Jamie William » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Ok....I finally got Xwindows running now.  I found out that the problem
is that I have an AGP board video card.  Neither servers from XFree86 or
MetroX can detect my card.  So, I took some of your advice and went to
the SuSE sight and downloaded their version of the Xserver for Matrox
cards (it was released in December, whereas the version which comes with
RH5.0 was released in August).  It works just fine now!  Now on to
bigger and better problems to solve.

Thanks!

Jamie

Quote:>> Does anyone have Xwindows running on a Matrox Millenium II card?  If so,
>> could you tell me which server you are using (MetroX or XFree) and its
>> version #?  Also, could I see the configure file also?  I've tried both
>> MetroX and XFree86 and can't get X up and running.

>> Any advice/ideas would be greatly apprectiated.
>> Thanks,

>> Jamie

Jamie Williams                       HOME: 612 Tantra Dr.
Graduate Student in Physics                Boulder, CO  80303
Department of Physics and JILA             (303) 543-2267
University of Colorado

OFFICE: S362 JILA:  492-7293

Homepage:  http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~williaje/Home.html