Confused of Newbury, MySQL write permissions...

Confused of Newbury, MySQL write permissions...

Post by Tim Walte » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 07:39:36

I have got Linux 7.2, Apache 1.3.19 ChiliASP and MySQL all up and
running of sorts.  They mostly work together as well, surprisingly.

My current problem is that I can get .Asp pages to display dynamic data
from the MySQL database.  However it won't write info back to the DB as
needed.

I get this error for example

ADODB.Connection.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: S1000
Native Error Code: 1036
[TCX][MyODBC]Table 'nugaccess' is read only

How do I change the table to read write in MySQL for connection to web
pages.  (It all worked fine with Access/IIS previously so the basic web
stuff is more or less right)

I'm searching around and getting hopelessly lost, I just need a pointer
in the right direction please.

Hopeless guess follows...

I reckon I need to give permissions to someone but for webpages I'm lost
as to whom this should be.  <Sounds of brain exploding>

Many thanks

Tim

1. Permission Woes - can't add write permission

I am trying to have Netscape use the Mail folder on one of my DOS
partitions, so as to keep all the mail in one place. This works fine for
root, but as a user Netscape can't do this because the user lacks write
permission for the file. Not surprising so far, but no matter what I
try, I can't add write permission for this set of files for "anyone" but
the owner, root. I have fooled around with groups and alternate users,
tried the graphical permission, console 'chmod', but nothing ever
changes. I never get any errors, just no result. I found a place to
change root's ability to make changes from 700 and put 777 just to see,
but even then, nothing. How can it be that root can write to these
files, but cannot bestow permission on "anyone" else?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Question: xringd and multiple telephone companies

3. Write to a file with no write permission

4. Oops with 3c59x module (3com 3c595 NIC)

5. File permissions/access and CHAP - confused newbie!

6. Help Needed: hardware specs

7. CHAP script file permissions - confused!

8. HP Laserjet III Ascii on Solaris

9. QUESTION!: Confusing file permissions ...

10. permissions, so confused

11. Confused about Pine and file permissions...

12. NFS gets confused on 8k+ writes?

13. Busted Newbury 1140 Fixed Disk (Aaargh! Help!)