How to run CGI?

Post by Vitaliy Razhansk » Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I have linux and netscape on my computer and going to learn CGI.
I can write scripts in Perl and c but i can't make them work with HTML.
Probably have to config CGI if it's possible.
Any advice will be helpfull
Thanx

Vitaliy

And by the way visit my homepage at http://www.serve.com/vitaliy

1. apache: give /home/mailman/cgi-bin permissions to run cgi-scripts.

Hey ho,
I try to install mailman on my server.
Now I have to give /home/mailman/cgi-bin permissions to run cgi-scripts.
How can I do this?
In the documentation of mailman s.th. like
Exec          /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*
or
ScriptAlias   /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/

is shown. Which one is right, or none?

Bye
 Jonas

--
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the
grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin

2. Knoppix (hd install) does not 'remember' keyboard

3. Running cgi scripts outside /cgi-bin directory

4. lex scanner on network streams

5. Running cgi chrooted without running httpd as root

6. accessing dos floppy under Linux

7. Apache gets SIGSEGV while running CGI script, why?

8. Add support for Pentax Still Camera to linux kernel.

9. Action directive won't run cgi in non ScriptAlias'ed dir?

10. Running cgi on other machine

11. howto run cgi scripts

12. Help in running CGI with Apache 1.3 on Win32

13. Problems running CGI scripts