cannot shutdown and reboot

Post by mahe » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:24:37

hi there,

I was just playing araound with kernel compile and reboot.After that, i
tried to reboot/shutdown, I got this message :

shutdown : error in loading shared libraries : XlibXext.so.6: Cannot

I tried to be root but still failed, I only can use init to shutdown /
reboot my machine.I'm using redhat linux.I do I fix this problem?

your help appreciated :)

thanks

cannot shutdown and reboot

Post by dbian.. » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:03:51

> shutdown : error in loading shared libraries : XlibXext.so.6: Cannot

Probabily the machine was unable to mount the /usr/lib directory,
hence the missing library.
You keep the old kernel around, did you?

Davide

1. Redhat 7.2 Cannot shutdown, always reboot.

Hi,

I have the following problem with Redhat 7.2
When I try to shutdown (power off) the system
using the shutdown from the login window, my
machine always get rebooted.

I have tried 'shutdown -h now' as root.  The
machine is rebooted too.

There is no problem with shutdown from Win 2000.
I am using AMD Athlon.

Any suggestion on what is wrong?

Thanks.

Feng

2. printer spooling systems

3. Cannot shutdown or reboot

4. D/A Converter under LINUX?

5. /etc/rc.shutdown, init, and the shutdown/reboot/halt commands

6. Ftp/Ftpd source code

7. PC does not reboot after `shutdown -r now/reboot'

8. Must know Linux to print Linux manuals $$$

9. Cannot shutdown: shutdown already running (with kernel 1.2.13)

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. reboot error reboot error reboot error

12. Compaq 6000 reboots and reboots and reboots

13. shutdown vs. reboot