NEWBIE! Please help

Post by Rob » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am running Slackware 7. After I use make xconfig, menuconfig, or config. I then run make dep, make clean, make bzImage, bzdisk, or bzlilo(BTW what is the difference between make bzdisk and bzlilo?), make modules, and make modules_install. After that I run setup to configure the new kernel but everytime I try to make setup read the floppy disk it claims it could not find bzimage. Also how can iget the sound working without recompiling the kernel. I have a compaq presario 4764. In windows it claims I have an ESS1888 PnP audiodrive. It is SB and SB Pro compatible. I have tried removing # sign a line in rc.modules but the sound still does not work. I also get an annoying buzzing sound whenever I move the mouse and it gets louder when I remove the # sign in rc.modules.

Thanks in advance
Rob

1. Redirect Newbie. Please help me.

I am trying to forward the DNS http://www.cabused.org which is on one of
my BSI servers running apache 1.3.1 to a Lotus Domino database. I
created a .htaccess file that has two redirects in it. The first
redirect is a URL from hell which as you can see redirects the
banner.gif the banner.gif which is stored inside of the database. My
problem is with the second redirect. I want everything else to be
redirected to http://204.189.17.235/busedpost/busedconf2.nsf, but if you
type in http://www.cabused.org/hello it appends the hello to the
http://204.189.17.235/busedpost/busedconf2.nsf and tries to go to
http://204.189.17.235/busedpost/busedconf2.nsfhello causing a 404 error.
I don't want it to append the /hello to the end. Is there anyway around
this?

.htaccess file:

Redirect /banner.gif
http://204.189.17.235/BusEdPost/BusEdConf2.nsf/504ca249c786e20f852562...

Redirect / http://204.189.17.235/busedpost/busedconf2.nsf

Please help me!!!

Shaun Honsvick

2. Group newbie...

3. i am a newbie! please help

4. ftp LIST not possible

5. Please, please, please help a newbie.

6. dhcp jumpstart

7. No Sound in Fedora Core 2 - Newbie! Please help!

8. Can the function "connect()" & "listen() + accept()" be used with the same TCP port at the same time ?

9. Discouraged Newbie.. Please help! :-)

10. newbie question please please help

11. Newbie, Newbie, Newbie... Please be patient with me

12. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help