Line printer daemon - PLEASE HELP !

Post by Lab. Optoe » Sat, 24 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
I have to buy a Laser printer to share in a LAN on which several computers
with different operating systems (os2, solaris, hp-unix, pc-dos) are attached.
All computers communicate via tcp/ip.
Is it possible under Linux control, through LP daemon, who can print on that
printer ? I suppose one can connect the laser printer through the parallel
port, and then start the Line-Printer Daemon.

Can I have more information on this subject ?
Actually I do not know Linux, but I could install it.

The possible  choiches for the printer are:

- HP LaserJet 4MPlus with JetDirect card
- LexMark Optra R+ without ethernet card

P.S. do I really need an ethernet card on the printer ?

Antonio Capobianco

1. Line-Printer Daemon - PLEASE HELP !

Hi,
I have to buy a Laser printer to share in a LAN on which several computers
with different operating systems (os2, solaris, hp-unix, pc-dos) are attached.
All computers communicate via tcp/ip.
Is it possible under Linux control, through LP daemon, who can print on that
printer ? I suppose one can connect the laser printer through the parallel
port, and then start the Line-Printer Daemon.

Can I have more information on this subject ?
Actually I do not know Linux, but I could install it.

The possible  choiches for the printer are:

- HP LaserJet 4MPlus with JetDirect card
- LexMark Optra R+ without ethernet card

P.S. do I really need an ethernet card on the printer ?

Antonio Capobianco

2. Thanks

3. Line Printer Daemon Protocol - Help!

4. FVWM-95 Question

5. still need printer help please please please

6. Move directory

7. Problem of Solaris 2.4 printing with Line Printer Daemon

8. AIX crashes on backup tar

9. Remote Line Printer Daemon

10. plp (line printer daemon)

11. line printer daemon (lpd) dies/loses connection on large print

12. RFC 1179 - Line Printer Daemon

13. Line printer daemon for UTS