linux fdisk & win95

Post by Waroth Khantanapha » Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyone ever run into a problem while using linux fdisk that caused
> your FAT drives to run in 16-bit MS-DOS compatability mode in win95?
> However, when I attempted to switch to redhat 4.0 via FTP, after using
> that version of fdisk to reformat my linux partition and start fresh
> with redhat 4.0, my FAT partitions suddenly won't work in 32-bit mode
> under win95 (and I have to use real mode CDROM drivers to get win95 to
> recognize that).  Any ideas?

Linux FDISK from RedHat 3.0.3 doesn't cause any problem with my Windows 95.
I'm about to upgrade my Linux to your version but if your situation is
correct, I think I have to stay with 3.0.3 for a while. This is very
strange since when booting into Windows 95 mode, Windows 95 should not be
able to see Linux partitions. Any set up in Linux partition should not
affect Windows partition. Do you have any changes in your Windows 95
config.sys or autoexec.bat file?

--
Waroth Khantanaphar, M.D.
Dept. of Surgery

linux fdisk & win95

Post by Nathan Schaff » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

!>
!>
!>

!>> Anyone ever run into a problem while using linux fdisk that caused
!>> your FAT drives to run in 16-bit MS-DOS compatability mode in win95?
!>> .....
[...]
!>--
!>Waroth Khantanaphar, M.D.
!>Dept. of Surgery
!>Nopparat Rajathane Hospital
!>Bangkok, Thailand
!>http://www.angelfire.com/pg9/nopparat/index.html

I have just installed redhat4.0 and used the fdisk to setup 3 partitions.  It had no
adverse affects on my win95, os/2, nor dos partitions.
Nathan Schaffer
System Administrator

1. Win95 fdisk problems after using Linux fdisk

I'm in the process of trying to install linux on my Win95 machine.  Right
now I have two partitions for Windows, 2 gig, and 1 gig.  I used Linux
fdisk to create partitions on the remaining gig of my 4 gig drive, and when
I went back to Windows and tried to use fdisk there it gave me an 'error
reading fixed disk drive' message.  Any ideas?  Seems like Linux fdisk
corrupted something.  I only created new Linux partitions in free space,
and didn't touch the existing Windows partitions.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Matt

2. Apache / openssl upgrade problems / Linux.Slapper

3. win95 fdisk - linux fdisk /dev/hdc

4. Satan problems!!!

5. linux fdisk-2.1 and win95 fdisk extended partition type `0f'

6. C-News CRG upact errors (join bug??)

7. dos fdisk & linux fdisk GREAT INCOMPATIBILITY

8. HELP on Optical Drive

9. fdisk & win95

10. Q:fdisk, RHLinux & Win95?

11. LILO & win95 & dos & Linux

12. Linux & Win95 = Frozen Win95

13. Linux router supporting Win95&98 workstations - Win95 cannot find other LAN hosts