Help: XFree86 Configuration File for Matrox MGA

Help: XFree86 Configuration File for Matrox MGA

Post by Japanese Architectu » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Konichiwa Gong,

I saw your post on usenet. I am having trouble with xwindows.
Could you kindly share their experieince with me?

I am using LINUX slackware 1.2 on a IMB 486/66 PC w/32 mg ram.
My system boots fine. I want to learn about x windows. I installed it
off a cd-rom. When I run any xwindow commands likexview, xv, etc;
the system responds with "Can't open display".

I set the display to 16 color VGA color during the xwindow setup.

Could you kindly share their experieince with me? What needs to be
done to configure xwindow properly? In windoze 3.1, I simply type
"win", but in XFree86 is there a similiar command and what is it?

Where on the net can I get FAQ's on this subject?

Any comment, suggestion, or tip would be greatly appreciated!

--
Peace

    ////    Japanese Architecture  ////
   //// http://www.archiweb.com   ////