LILO accidently uninstalled

Post by Neil Kooze » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I accidently lost LILO and now I can't boot Linux.  How can I easily and
>qucikly reinstall LILO?

You will have to boot with some alternate means such as a boot floppy.  If
you didn't make a boot floppy, you can use an installation boot floppy.  If
you use one of these, you'll need to answer the 'boot:' prompt like this:

boot: linux root=/dev/hda2 ro
or
boot: mount root=/dev/hda2 ro

The first example is for RedHat and the second is for Slackware.  Substitute
your correct root partition for hda2.

If you get booted up, just type lilo to reinstall LILO.  (check to see that
/etc/lilo.conf is ok)

Neil.