Where can I get the man pages for mwm

Post by Erik Kazandjia » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm working with Lesstif (that' s a Motif clone, which I found on the
net), however there is something that is bugging me, so I would like to
get my hands on the man pages of mwm to configure my system. Is there
anybody out there who knows where to find them.

Thanks

Erik

1. mwm man page problems in SWIM Motif

I have just installed the ELF version of SWIM on top of my Slackware
3.0 distribution, and have run into two kinds of problems with the
formatting of the mwm man page.

All of the lists and much of the highlighting are messed up, because
the GNU .an macro apparently doesn't implement some of the required
macros.  I have fixed this with these substitutions:

        .LI -> .IP
        \*L -> \fB
        \*O -> \fP
        \*V -> \fI

One way to do this is as follows:

        # cd /usr/X11/man/man1
        # mv mwm.1X mwm-orig.1X
        # sed -e s/^.LI/.IP/ \
              -e s/\\\*L/\\fB/g \
              -e s/\\\*O/\\fP/g \
              -e s/\\\*V/\\fI/g \
              mwm-orig.1X >mwm.1X

However, formatting still generates errors like this:

       924: warning: can't break line
       error: page 13: table will not fit on one page; use .TS H/.TH with a
       supporting macro package

...and the corresponding tables are missing.  I don't know enough roff
to fix this.  Just Computers! has not been able to help.  I would
appreciate any suggestions.

                               - Jim Van Zandt

2. Eicon diva TA install on Corel Linux

3. Man pages for mwm

4. No coredump ?

5. Standard man pages to "Catted" man pages!

6. Really Inexpensive Array of Disks

7. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

8. Tekram Caching controller & > 2 drives

9. : Man Pages...getting hold of...

10. Getting man pages to Laserjet

11. Getting man pages to work

12. man a man page file at unspecified directory

13. double man pages in man and cat