quake2/glide

Post by Marc Eisenbart » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

When I try to install the quake2 file from www.linuxgames.com, it says I
need the glide librarys, however, I don't have a 3dfx card. What do I
do??

quake2/glide

Post by Thomas Zaji » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> When I try to install the quake2 file from www.linuxgames.com, it says I
> need the glide librarys, however, I don't have a 3dfx card. What do I
> do??

Huh? Thats plain wrong, you dont need the Glide libs to play Quake2.
Youll be restricted to svgalib and X modes, however ... but still,
the Glide libs are not needed.

Whos been telling you that, anyway? The quake2 binary itself? Which
version do you have? I have 3.20, and I just moved my Glide libs to
/tmp, where Quake2 cant find them - guess what, it started in svga
mode just fine.

Umm ... wait, just a moment ... *figures* ... RPM aka YASIW, Yet
Another Smartass Install Wizard[tm] - right?! Red Hat should *really*
consider a Win32 port of RPM, IMHO, itd blend in perfectly. ;-)

Thomas (try --nodeps or whatever its called ... alternatively,
        install Slackware and get rid of dependency problems for
        once and all ;-)
--
=---------------------------------------------------------------------=
-        Thomas Zajic aka ZlatkO ThE GoDFatheR, Vienna/Austria        -

1. 3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee (creative
labs), so i installed the linux_glide port and it's dependencies.
However, when i execute test-glide, it does not work (installation went
fine, no errors.)  any help would be appreciated

# ./test-glide
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.4b1
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.  *a-key*
_GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none
detected

this was done and duplicated multiple times under freebsd 3.2 (upgrade
to 3-stable via port) and X windows 3.3.5, KDE WM

~jtsage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. unix t-shirts

3. glide problem with voodoo3

4. MPICH to display verbose SSH output

5. Voodoo/Mesa/GLide HOWTO!?!?!

6. The "Gold" Standard in Disaster Tolerance

7. What is the realtion ship between Glide, Mesa, and X Windows...

8. Solaris MU7 problem

9. Shared Library file called Glide.......

10. DOSEMU + 3DFX Voodoo/Glide

11. Where do i find Mesa 3dfx Glide for Linux?

12. Glide problem

13. FreeBSD + Linux EMU + Linux Glide and DGA instability