Installation Problem Linux Red Hat 6.1

Post by TICHAFA R MUNYIKW » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Having problems installing Linux....starts booting up when I choose to
install linux on the first menu that appears then it gets to a point where
it asks for a driver disk...Can anyone tell me what a driver disk is, how I
can configure one and so on ....

Thank you

Post by David . » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Having problems installing Linux....starts booting up when I choose to
> install linux on the first menu that appears then it gets to a point where
> it asks for a driver disk...Can anyone tell me what a driver disk is, how I
> can configure one and so on ....

> Thank you

The drivers disk can be found here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/updates/6.1/images/i386/

        gdth-drivers-disk.img

--
Due to extreme SPAM abuse! Remove z's and x's from above to reply.
Thank the spammer's A..holes that they are. Still can't reach me?

1. Red Hat Linux 6.1 Installation problem

I am getting an installation error right after Linux format the system
partitions. The error is   "Mount failed: Invalid Argument"

I have installed Linux before on this same computer so I know it has
nothing to do with hardware uncompatibility. I had the final release of
Windows 2000 on the computer before I decided to change to Redhat Linux
6.1. Can you please help me or tell me where to go. Thank you.

Dan

2. Strange DNS problems

3. Red Hat 6.1 Installation Problem

4. Floppy Tape

5. red hat 6.1 installation problem

6. 115 byte records need a lf appended. sec

7. Newbie: major Red Hat 6.1 installation problems...

8. Making 3dfx work...

9. Newbie: Red Hat 6.1 installation problem

10. Red Hat 6.1 Installation problems

11. Red Hat 6.1 installation problem #1

12. Linux Red Hat 6.1 installation on Win98 PC

13. New Red Hat 6.1 installation on new big disk