E-IDE CD-ROM Driver I/O Error ?

Post by Min Je » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

I have a LG 4x E-IDE Cd-Rom Driver and Slakware 2.2.0 installed.
When I trying to copy from cdrom , the messages 'I/O error' are displayed.
But the other commands 'ls , vi ...' on the cdrom are well doing. Not just
copy commands are doing. Only copy commnad of one or small size files are
well doing.
My cdrom driver are connected at secondory ide port, so device is '/hd1a'.
Is this correct ?
Please informs to me....

E-IDE CD-ROM Driver I/O Error ?

Post by Suad Musovi » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

Try hdb if it is daisy-chained with your harddrive or hdc or hdd if on
another controller.

Quote:

>My cdrom driver are connected at secondory ide port, so device is '/hd1a'.
>Is this correct ?
>Please informs to me....

1. E-IDE HD and E-IDE CD-ROM on Toshiba

Hello,

we have to setup OSE 5 on a Toshiba Notebook CDT 410. I had asked in
this group if it is possible and someone answered that there will be
no problem.

But now there is a problem:
The System has a 1.2 MB HD and the build in Toshiba CD-ROM. I am using the
Release Supplement Disk with ATAPI which was included to our distribution.
Then I follow the steps described in the Release Notes to install from
an IDE CD-ROM.

I am using this bootstring:
defbootstr ahslink=ATAPI

It works fine until I have to choose the installation media. In the Notes
step 6 describes that I have to choose "SCSI CD-ROM".

When I do so the only answer is that I do not have a SCSI adapter!

What can I do??? It is very urgent.

Thanks!

Knut

2. autoppp: mgetty alternatives?

3. E-IDE CD-ROM Drive and I/O Error

4. DAT entry in st_conf.c

5. pre7 and 3dfx/glide/Mesa

6. E-IDE CD-ROM Drive and I/O Error ?

7. >16MB ram support

8. E-IDE CD-ROM CD-player on 2.4 X86 ?

9. E-IDE CD-ROM vold support as a slave

10. New IDE-CD/extended IDE driver supports Sony 55E ATAPI CD-ROM!

11. e-ide driver 6.30 uses same interrupt on IDE-0 and IDE-1