telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

Post by Dirk Hellman » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

   Hi there,
subject say it. If I log into our linux-machine (SUSE 6.0) via telnet or

rlogin I have no problems working with the Backspace and Delete key, but

I see inverted characters if I do an ls -la or an man.

If I do a rsh -n linux.machine -l hl xterm -display ...... -T ....
(what I prefer) I have no problems with inverted character and man
worked all well, BUT the Backspace and Delete key give me an ~

Which*I have to turn, that the Backspace key worked. What I tried
was stty erase '^C' and stty erase '^?' but nothing worked....

any hint...

thanks a lot
Dirk Hellmann

1. backspace doesn't work with XTerm

My backspace key doesn't work(produces cntl chars instead) when entering
the username or password when telneting or ftping to the local machine
from an XTerm. The same is true when entering a search expression with '/'
in a man page. This does not occur if I telnet or ftp from another host
or if I telnet or ftp to the localhost from the console. Rxvt works fine.

Seems like such an isolated issue I'm not sure where one might enter
a modmap or stty command. Anyone know the answer to this I'd really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike

--
signature pending

2. Problem with xterm and kvt

3. backspace doesn't work with ash: work-around!

4. Can not print

5. BackSpace at 'login:' doesn't work

6. Apache Directives Redirect .htaccess

7. Xterm Backspace not working

8. Better access to "/proc" ?

9. Backspace not working with xterm

10. redhat 6.2 xterm/bash backspace key does not work

11. telnet works, rsh worked, now it doesn't

12. problems with jed: mouse not working, backspace key working strange

13. 'backspace' not working properly on my machine