GCC can't find X lib. HELP!

Post by Y. Wa » Tue, 12 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to set the link lib for gcc?
When I issue the command:
# cc mypg.c -lX11
I got an error message like: ld: cannot open -lX11:No such file or directory.
I checked the directory and the libX11.a just there in /usr/X11/lib. What
should I do? I already include the path /usr/X11/lib in my env, and read
the man for gcc, but didn't get it.
Thanks!

Y. Wang

GCC can't find X lib. HELP!

Post by Marco Niss » Wed, 13 Sep 1995 04:00:00

: should I do? I already include the path /usr/X11/lib in my env, and read
did you put the path into the file /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig ?
--
Marco Nissen [http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~marco]
*this posting was not sponsered by microsoft*

GCC can't find X lib. HELP!

Post by Chuck McColl » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>Can anyone tell me how to set the link lib for gcc?
>When I issue the command:
># cc mypg.c -lX11
>I got an error message like: ld: cannot open -lX11:No such file or directory.
>I checked the directory and the libX11.a just there in /usr/X11/lib. What
>should I do? I already include the path /usr/X11/lib in my env, and read
>the man for gcc, but didn't get it.
>Thanks!

>Y. Wang

 Check very carefully what filename it is asking for, and then check what you
have.  If they are different, then use a symbolic link between the one you
want, and the one you got.

The wise man determines what the masses
are doing, and then does the opposite, and
the successfull man asks the wise man.

cmc

1. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux

Hi Linuxers,

I just got a new copy of gcc-2.4.5 and source code of the pl11.
After having done the installation of gcc-2.4.5, I realised that
I have an extra directory: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux.
The question is whether I need to keep the old gcc stuff under
the i386-linux.  I really like to clean it up so as to save 5.1
meg disk space (another poor Linux user  ;-( ).

Your answer is very appreciated.  Please send answer directly
to my address or the corresponding interest parties to reduce
the network load.  Thank you in advance.

Wing

2. Redirect boot.msg

3. GCC 2.5.8/2.6.3 can't find libs...

4. tar compat on linux

5. Can't find Xlibs after GCC/LIB upgrade ???

6. looking for a thread managing package

7. gcc can't find lib.so.5!

8. serial modem setup on RH6

9. Help: gcc does not find X libs after upgrade to 2.6.2

10. HELP: Where to find gcc-lib/ix486-linuxaout precompiled

11. convert 'a' lib' into 'so' lib

12. GCC can't find cpp -FAQ doesn't help

13. help, apps finding libs in kde2/libs...??